Welcome to Sing Unto the LORD
, a Christian music community. To commemorate this event, I have some music I'd like to share (The Afters, Rebecca St.James, and Jars of Clay). I hope this community can grow and be just as great as all the other communities out there.
Since this is a new community, I'll probably be making constant changes to better suit your tastes and preferences. So, following the example of another new music community (highprofile
, which is currently in the process of moving), I will ask that all new members please comment on this post:Are you a member of any other Christian music communities? If so, which?
(there aren't any other out there to my knowledge, but if there are, perhaps I can begin to create a linklist to these other communities.)What is/are your favorite genre/s of Christian music?
Who are your favorite Christian artists (they can be from the genres you mentioned above or any other ones)?
What would you suggest to make this community more ideal (mention anything you think might be helpful as far as members and moderators go (we currently don't have any, so your input is greatly appreciated), and also anything about organization/archives/tagging/memories)?
Will you spread the word about this community? (You can leave this question blank if you wish.)
Nothing too hard, right?
Now, I'm also hoping that if you decide to become a member of this community that you read the rules in the profile. If not, that's okay; I'll post them up here:RULES
1. You MUST be a member to participate in this community; you may do so by friending the community and then joining (unless it just lets you join).
2. You do not have to post to download music, but it is common courtesy that you share as well, so that everyone has an equal opportunity to download and upload.
3. This is a Christian music community; only Christian songs/albums may be downloaded (some crossover is okay such as Superchic[k] and Switchfoot).
4. If you would like to make a request, please be polite in doing so, and while it isn't necessary that you offer a "bribe" it might be nice as a thank you.
5. Respect each other and the artists. There will be no harassment or bashing of any artists or members of the community.
6. I do not support music piracy; please understand that I support sampling music to get a feel for an artist or band. If you like what you hear, please support the artists by purchasing their CD.
7. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
So yeah, that's basically it. Sing Unto the LORD is officially introduced. Now where's that music I promised at the beginning??Jars of Clay - Love Song for a SaviorRebecca St.James - RebornThe Afters - Their first album